Join us for over two days of education, entertainment and engagement
Surface Design Show is an event dedicated to surface material innovation. It is the event of choice for architects and designers to see, source and specify the latest and most inspiring internal and external surface materials from 180+ exhibitors.
Surface Design Show returns to London’s Business Design Centre from 6-8 February 2024 allowing architects, designers and specifiers to discover the best innovative materials for the built environment whilst also enjoying a stellar line up of guest speakers and thought-provoking installations.
- Over 5,500 senior professionals in the interior design community will gather to explore the very best in surface know-how.
- Engage with over 180 exhibiting companies showcasing an array of products from across the globe.
- Learn from over 40 industry experts within our comprehensive speaker programme to enrich your professional knowledge.
- Get up close with the best of beautiful natural stone in the Stone Gallery, with pavilions from Great Britain and Italy.
- Discover the next big thing in the New Talents section by connecting with up-and-coming designers with fresh perspectives and ground-breaking ideas.
- Experience a hands-on encounter with innovative and tactile products at Surface Spotlight Live
- Celebrate excellence at Surface Design Awards on Thursday 8 February. Here, we will crown the winners which have been carefully selected from over 160 entries from around the world.
2024 Theme: Mindful Living
The theme for 2024 is Mindful Living. From physical to digital, materials and their properties play a central role in the multi-sensory space. As we embrace technological advancements and invest in new design approaches, the boundaries between virtual and reality continue to blur; Mindful Living explores what this means for the built environment. Mindful Living celebrates progress and innovation in design for interiors and architecture, as we adapt to our ever-changing world. Conversations around
man versus machine continue as we search for new ideas. Digital and human intelligence are key, exploring the benefits of each to provide progressive solutions. Whether the focus is on machine learning for industry research, digital platforms becoming independent designers, or simply the virtual world driving new aesthetics, one thing is clear: our material world is evolving.
“The theme for 2024 focuses on the ambition to design well while doing good – with a conscious effort to protect our planet by aiming for zero waste manufactures and sustainable alternatives. The natural world remains a key influence on the design industry, inspiring new techniques and processes, as well as offering a wealth of material substitutes”.
-Nickie West – Director, Surface Design Show
Surface Design Awards
Surface Spotlight Live
Located right in the centre of the Show, our Surface Spotlight Live (SSL) corridor remains one of the highlights of every visitor’s trip to the exhibition.
Featuring innovative and tactile materials for our visitors to touch and feel, SSL gives a truly ‘hands-on’ experience for architects and designers to enjoy and learn from.